Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Music Minute - Fraternal Twin: Halo Fell Forever

Fraternal Twin are excited to share the final preview of their upcoming album, Halo Fell Forever, which arrives September 4, 2026. The title track, “Halo Fell Forever,” is available now with an official music video, chugging slowly along. The video features the band in a hazy performance setting, riffs moving in slow motion around Tom’s vocals as reality bubbles to the surface.


About the song, Tom says, “‘Halo Fell Forever’ was a phrase that I heard very distinctly when I played back a bunch of vocal gibberish while recording the demo for this track. It almost feels like I didn’t write it–but it’s one of my favorite lyrics. It takes me back to this sort of “fall from innocence” I experienced many years ago that kind of shattered the way I saw the world for a while. I think it means something about learning from your mistakes and not worrying so much about trying to be perfect for others or who you think they want you to be. My bandmates unanimously agreed we should name the record after this song, but I was afraid to at first because it’s so personal, but they were totally right.”


LISTEN TO “HALO FELL FOREVER”

WATCH “HALO FELL FOREVER”

PRE-ORDER HALO FELL FOREVER


“Medicine” premiered last month via FLOOD Magazine, portraying the struggle of trying to come back to the person you once were. Fuzzy, ringing chords leave the listener in a haze, vocals swimming around the instrumentation, underlined with cathartic drums and a driving bassline. The official music video by Nara Avakian (Nara’s Room) features bandleader Tom Christie in a sun-drenched park, footage overlaid by vintage camera fuzz, perfectly showcasing the battle with oneself to find your way back to the brighter side. 


In July, the band announced their first album in ten years, Halo Fell Forever, with opening track “Solitude.” Riffs linger around insular feelings, and brightly toned guitars unfurl onto the track. The video was directed by Ben Correa and produced by Nigel Truesdale, portraying the despondency of isolation as Tom faces himself in hotel rooms, hallways, and within the song.


WATCH “MEDICINE”

WATCH “SOLITUDE”


A busy presence on the East Coast, Tom and his band have shared stages with Girlpool, Palm, Destroyer, Frankie Cosmos, Soccer Mommy, Vagabon, Horse Jumper of Love, Porches, and more. This summer, they hit the road with NYC band Ditch for a sprawling North American tour. Next week, Fraternal Twin will celebrate their album release with shows in New York, Kingston, and Philadelphia. For information on upcoming shows, see below and follow @fraternaltwin on Instagram. 


★ FRATERNAL TWIN LIVE 2026 ★


SEPTEMBER

10 – Kingston, NY – Tubby's (w/ Kissing Well & Nora Knight)

11 – New York, NY – Union Pool (w/ People I Love & Coolant)

12 – Philadelphia, PA – Abyssinia


CONNECT WITH FRATERNAL TWIN:

YOUTUBE | WEBSITE | INSTAGRAM | TWITTER

No comments:

Post a Comment